You need to be running:
- Statamic 3.0+
- PHP 7.4+
It's advisable you also use a queue system that is not sync, for those options you can view the Laravel docs.
This plugin requires a Shopify account to work. If you're testing this, you can create a free Shopify Partner account. When putting your site live, you'll be required to upgrade to a Shopify Lite account. Third-party apps on the Shopify store may interact with how this product works.
jackabox/statamic-shopify as a dependency to your project:
composer require jackabox/statamic-shopify
Creating A Shopify App
Before we can get anything working, we need to ensure we have a private app setup in our Shopify Admin.
- Visit the "Apps" section in your Shopify admin, the URL should be similar to https://MY-SITE.myshopify.com/admin/apps.
- Scroll down and click "Manage private apps"
- Click "Create new private app"
- Set a nice name to remember as well as your email.
- Toggle "Show inactive admin API permissions"
- Set read access to "Orders", "Product listings", and "Products".
- Grant access to the Storefront API by checking "allow this app to access your storefront data using the Storefront API".
Once saved you'll be presented with the details of your private app. We'll use these to populate our
.env file and get everything set up correctly.
Ensure you've set the necessary environment variables as defined in the "Env Values" section.
There are several assets the plugin provides you with
- Blueprints for Products
- Blueprints for Variants
- Blueprints for Tags, Vendors, and Type Taxonomies
- Asset container for Shopify assets
When installing the app for the first time it will copy across all of the necessary assets. If you want to manually do this you can run the following command.
php artisan vendor:publish --provider="Jackabox\Shopify\ServiceProvider"
You can install each asset individually.
php artisan vendor:publish --tag="shopify-blueprints"
php artisan vendor:publish --tag="shopify-content"
php artisan vendor:publish --tag="shopify-config"
php artisan vendor:publish --tag="shopify-scripts"
php artisan vendor:publish --tag="shopify-theme"